Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wok Cooking: A Contact Sport!


This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog

Don't try this at home. I plan to take cooking classes during our trip whenever possible. After much searching, I found a one day intensive class here in Hong Kong. Martha, my teacher, sheparded me through classic Chinese dishes from this region, including squid stir fried with broccoli and yellow chives, sweet and sour pork, egg fried rice with crispy garlic and steamed tofu and fish fillet. Though she taught primarily the "restaurant" method (which tends to rely on more oil, MSG, etc.), she carefully pointed out how Chinese cooks do things a little different at home.

Turns out the Chinese like to use this gadget called a "wok." Who knew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home